View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman1910 View Post
Any particular reason your looking for an LSD? Do you track your car? Just curious bc I've owned 2 350's. One with and one without an LSD and I could never tell the difference with my driving style.

Your better off getting a clutch type LSD installed for track purposes anyhow. The VLSD, which comes on the Z, is crap from what I've read.
In general, VLSDs are only for comfort or road speed (as in oh, it's nice) purposes. It's a Torsen diff, which basically means it sucks... bad... if you really wanted to install a good diff and if you wanted to track often, you should get a Quaife clutch type, which is basically the god of diffs. It shouldn't void your entire warranty though. You may want to talk it up with your dealer.

In any case, if you just plan to use it as a daily driver, whether or not your have the differential installed will only show if you took a 90 degree turn at something like 40 mph. Then you'll feel the rear give out a bit since I think if you don't get the VLSD, it's probably just an open 2 way.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote