View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #63 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Finalized project!

We finished up the tests on the car.

Jimmy had done some tests last week and conferred with Sam @ GTM to richen up the fuel in the upper ranges. He wanted it solid in the 11.0-12.0 AFR range.

Jimmy's experience is primarily with Subarus, Supras, and Evo's, and these are the numbers he feels confident (with Pump 93 octane) we would need. The VVEL 3.7 engine is an engineering marvel, and Sam has assured him we are on the money here.

After Sam's retune the car was fatter (richer), and unlike what we thought, the car drank it up. At 9lbs boost the car made 527whp (Dyno Dynamics dyno at 1.2 correction factor. My Subaru STI made 496whp on this, and went 10.85 et.)

Jimmy asked me if this was fine: I said "Of course it is. Just because, can you tweek it up to 10 or 11lbs and let's take another look?" OK. As you wish...

Here is the chart:

I came there with my Canon S90 and took a few short vids of the dyno passes. After picking it up and a few road miles, I then took an early evening ride with the camera mounted on the passenger headrest. I lazed it through second and then stepped into it.

Here's the whole sequence in one video for us:

YouTube - Infiniti G37S Dyno @ 537whp & Test ride - TheShopCT / GTM Twin Turbo

Finally the Northeast weather has gotten clear, and I'm looking forward to many road miles now.

Props back to The Shop (Jimmy, Hector, Kenny, Johnny, and Paul) and the team at GTM, especially Sam who guided us through some tricky moments, and lastly to the guys at UPREV in Texas, who also helped us immensely.

Coop