View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
beat a supra from a roll? DAMN thats like, their terrirtory!
The LSX engine series is sick from a roll. Tons of power under the curve, and they just don't give up. I remember back when I had my WS6, I killed Z4M's, an NSX, and was dead even with a full bolt-on w/cams 02 GT from a roll, stomed a Challenger R/t, etc. This LS7 feels like my LS1, except...MOAR! 4th gear doesn't give up until 160+mph. I have not taken it there, but this is from what I have read and looking at the rpms, I believe it. The car scares me. It has a LOT of power.

The flip-side is that in traffic and normal driving, it is as docile as my G20. Very tractable. You floor it, and it will scare you. My Dad was literally screaming (has owned modded Harley's, a 'vette, and was building a 289 powered trike with 3 deuces up top). The kid his wife sortof adopted (15) took a ride in the car and was shaking when we got out (Just a quick first-gear blast from a low roll--street-start is supposedly 4.1 seconds 5-60. I don't know. I just know that the thing squatted and the scenery blurred and I looked down and the needle was whipping forward like a watch-hand on crack. All I could think was "I think it's time to shift..." and nailed 2nd and the exhaust popped once between gears and it squatted back down and continued it's manic pursuit of triple-digits.)

Last edited by ImportConvert; 03-17-2011 at 10:04 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote