View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
V8Killer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: It Hard Till It Pops
V8Killer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
My avatar is real, thats a single seater..just happens to be red and has a big wing like the current F1 cars. Its just a normal single seater...I have a video on youtube you can see me racing it on track...those things are fast...

You mean between turbo and sc? For daily driving it really makes no difference...honestly youre not going to push the car hard enough to where it becomes an issue. Turbo will give you lots of torque and power and at least the GTM TT, I know, drives very nicely when you're just cruising around. The SC does too, but the power delivery is more linear. The SC has much less torque and will strain the engine and drivetrain a lot less than the TT will. If you're thinking longevity, SC is the way to go...but since you're not tracking or driving it too often then you'd be perfectly fine with the TT.

The TT has greater power potential and will make more power at the same boost level that a sc would. The reason for that is the amount of flow and the lack of parasitic loss associated with driving the sc unit.

In other words...if you want a crazy animal with big hp, get the tt, but remember theres a bigger chance to break things. If you want linear, smooth power thats easier on the car, go sc. Both have their pros and cons.
Ya I am thinking more of longevity b/c eventually I will be in the states more b/c I can't do this job forever. Maybe I'll just buy another Z later down the road and TT it but for now I will stick with the SC. So what did you put down on a dyno and track times? O thanks by the way for all the input I am happy to see someone popping in on this subject.
V8Killer is offline   Reply With Quote