View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
tvfreakazoid
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Audi S5; 6spd.
tvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond repute

WOW speak english man LOL. I don't know what all that 1:7 twist barrel means lol.
I've been looking into different brands and trying to get familiar with it. So i may have a lot of questions. I've looked into maybe getting a complete upper rec from a company called POF usa. I hear they have really nice upper rec. I know that they are really expensive and you dont have to oil and lube certain parts of the gun which is nice to know. But from what people said in the ar15.com site they said the company is fairly new and they have proprietary parts and if the company goes belly up the ar would be no good if I needed a certain part for it. So that's a problem.
I also had a questions regarding a gas piston vs. the other version. I read that the gas piston is generally better but what do you guys think.
If i choose not to go with this brand what other good brands that uses the gas piston firing system.
I hear river rock and stag's are good brands. As for a lower rec, i was looking into spikes tactical. I like there design on the side of the rec. If you guys got pics of it show them.
What about POF vs. lwrc? I know they are both expensive. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
This forum might need a gun subforum soon

Random general advice: unless you're purpose-building a long-barrel varmint gun to shoot very light bullets at groundhogs and such, be sure to get a 1:7 twist barrel so you can stabilize the nice heavier offerings in 5.56 (like the 75gr Hornady TAP, and various Mk262 knockoffs like the ones from Black Hills).

http://www.the370z.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1188&dateline=1232328  539

Last edited by tvfreakazoid; 06-25-2009 at 02:40 PM.
tvfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote