Thread: 2012 gt-r
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Ztune View Post
The driving feel is disconnected as the car is so fast and so easy to drive, you lose perspective. The best way I can describe it is through an anecdote...

While getting off one freeway onto another, I began accelerating a little bit. The off-ramp/on-ramp had a large right bank with a pretty drastic curve. The funny part is that I wasn't watching the speedo until I happen to look down mid-curve. Now, I wasn't pushing the car by any means (which is why it didn't feel fast at all), but my speed was considerably higher than any other "stock" car could take this curve in without approaching some handling limits. Basically, it didn't feel "fast.

That's the simplest explanation I can think of for the driving feel of the GT-R. This little story took place in a 2010 R35. The 2012 has completely revised suspension, so I would expect the same result or better in the same situation.
Thanks, that made a lot of sense. I've heard rumors that the 2012 is coming with a temporary RWD mode. Would that help with the connected feeling? I would think it would kind of be more like an auto Z (which I have).
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote