View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
myfirstz
Base Member

Drives: Smooth & Easy
myfirstz has a reputation beyond reputemyfirstz has a reputation beyond reputemyfirstz has a reputation beyond reputemyfirstz has a reputation beyond reputemyfirstz has a reputation beyond reputemyfirstz has a reputation beyond reputemyfirstz has a reputation beyond reputemyfirstz has a reputation beyond reputemyfirstz has a reputation beyond reputemyfirstz has a reputation beyond reputemyfirstz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
I see the problem. You're completely missing the coupler. Whoever did this install doesn't know how to follow simple directions.

Below are some pics I just took from my car. If you get that part installed properly and it still gives you problems, the next most likely suspect would be the UD pulley. Keep an eye on your voltage gauge to see if it fluctuates wildly with turning on the AC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Stillen makes two crankshaft pulleys. A lightweight one that is stock diameter, and an underdrive one that is smaller (and thus underdrives that accessories). And yes, that kink in the hose could be the cause of the idle issues. You know that you can download the installation instructions from the Stillen website, right? They're pdf files. Might come in handy.
I have the UD pulley Stillen part # 400370. Yes, I know about the PDF files. Already printed them out and ready to give to my mechanic. He's so busy, I have to book at least 3-5 days in advance. He's scheduled to fix next Thursday. I'll give an update then. Thanks for all the helpful replies!
myfirstz is offline   Reply With Quote