View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #183 (permalink)
Push370zzz
Track Member

Drives: cars
Push370zzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
No defensiveness or animosity, just a better knowledge of both platforms than you.

The 1 series platform has some real suspension issues well known in the motorsports world. How many 1 series do you see racing in Grand Am? Or any other serious series? Teams have made assessment and have said no thanks to econo box suspension on this overweight car.

I havent met a track yet that doesnt put a premium on HP but given new Mustang holds nearly 100 hp advantage and a 370Z Nismo can equal it or even better a mustangs times on some tracks I think that is alone indicates handling superiority of the Z. Also very clear AX guys in US made pony cars dont want the Z to run in their classes - most of them say the Z has a suspension advantage they cant overcome. LOL!

135i is very nice little econo car but its overpriced by about $5K. Seems like your trying to justify the purchase to us? I can understand how you were seduced by nicer interior and turbo power, but the car falls flat on performance side for serious drivers like me. I spent plenty of time in the 135i and honestly can say I was impressed with it as a commute car but not as a track enthusiast car. Lots of people outside of the 370Z world concur with that opinion.

Can we close this thread now its sort of getting boring.
You got me there...I can't argue with somebody who is a super important professional racecar driver. Get over yourself!! I have only said the 135 is great FOR ME because I use it as a DD and will be tracking it. It's fast as hell and is going to be a lot of fun on the track. No need to turn into a jacka55 over a former 370 owner simply sharing his experience with a different car. I'm excited to see just how it compares time-wise with the 370 on a racetrack. I wouldn't be surprised if the 370 can outhandle a lot of other cars (especially the 135) in a parking lot.

I really don't understand this at all. Never talked $%&# about the 370. I loved mine a lot, and still do. I don't think there is any question I didn't buy a little BMW because it was a track beast...I got it because I didn't want a fourth car, it's roomier, more comfortable, and better in traffic where I spend 99% of my time. It's just a bonus that a thousand dollars can get you what it takes ten thousand to in the Z.