Thread: Paddle Shifters
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumby View Post
dont shift back up you are fine. it just not what you are used to. and the guy above is right even in manual mode it will down shift for you. it will not let you stall the car.
But it will let you ride the redline. Did that a few times before I realized I still had it in manual mode and learned not to do that - lol.

When in manual mode, it will stay in the gear you put it in until you change it, or the RPM's get low enough, it'll downshift for you (gently), if you jump on it again, it won't go back on it's own, you'll have to upshift it...(that's how I messed up - I'd be in traffic, and have to slow down, and forget I was in manual mode...)

With the paddle shifters, you can leave it in "D" for a more gentle experience, and after a while it'll go back into automatic mode. Very handy for helping the car figure out what gear it needs to be in for passing someone...