View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dembflyr
Track Member

Drives: G37S Sedan
Dembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to all
Default Nismo Springs/Shocks and Eibach sways on a Sport

I finally got my stockpile out of my dining room and onto the car.

I installed the Nismo springs and shocks on my 09 Sport. These are not S Tune parts. I bought them slightly used off of a member here. I haven't seen much on here about this so here is my review.

First, there has been a few discussions about the Nismo springs on a Sport actually raising the front ride height. I did not actually measure before I did the install but from looking at the car after, there is no noticeable difference in the ride height.
I really did mean to measure to give a better review but I forgot and put the car on stands. I wasn't going to put it back down just to get a measurement.

I did measure afterward and I got 27 7/8 from the ground through the center of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch on both the front and back.

Here is a crappy iPhone pic of the new ride height:

All of the DIY's on here were extremely helpful. Thank you to all who have submitted one.

Here are some more pics:

I also installed the Eibach sway bars at the same time. This has been covered many times on here but here are a few pics of the Eibach set next to the stock.

Front

Rear

So after about 250 miles with this set up here are my thoughts. Keep in mind I have never driven a Nismo model.

The ride is much firmer. Almost to the point of being bouncy on some roads. If you are on roads that are segments of concrete rather then asphalt it is uncomfortable. Any bumps in the road are instantly transferred to your kidneys. I am being a bit facetious here but I want those of you who may be thinking of doing this to know it totally changes the feel of the sport model.

However, none of that matters when you hit the twisties.

The car is much more stable in corners then before. Not that it was bad, its just better now.
There is a stretch of road that I have driven with the stock set up and I felt like I pushed it as hard as I dared. Now as I go down that same road I feel like I could easily go harder.

I will get a better feel for it as time goes on.

For about half the price of a good coil over set up, you can find a set of used Nismo springs and struts and some new sway bars.

I hope this helps those of you looking into doing this swap

2009-6MT-Sport/Touring-Dembflyr's Journal-TT Build Thread-CAR IS SOLD
Dembflyr is offline   Reply With Quote