View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
Yea from what I've read (I thought) it always flow to the cooler reguardless of it's cold. It never completly shuts off to the cooler, it just reduces.
yea i just did a quick search...i guess it depends on the thermostatic plate?

Quote:
Oil lubricates best in the range of 180 to 212 degrees F (82 to 100 degrees C). Below this range, the oil isn't hot enough to burn off volatile contaminants, and above 230° F (110 degrees C), it starts to thin out and oxidize. Our sandwich plates return oil to the engine when it's below 180 degrees, allowing the engine to warm up quickly. Once warm, the thermostat opens, and the oil flows to the cooler to keep temperatures within the ideal range.
Autotech Sport Tuning - Engine-Oil Cooling, Oil Thermostats, Oil Cooling Kit, Setrab Oil Coolers (VW website..but yea). anyway, i dont have the kit, you do, so you'd know by experience