View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
i thought the whole reason behind getting an oil cooler with a thermostatic sandwhich plate (which i thought most of the kits had) was to prevent the need for something like this. ie the plate only sends oil to the coolers at a specific temperature
Well it's obvious the cooler cools the oil. But to my understanding the thermostatic sandwhich plate gets the oil up to and reaches an ideal operating temperature by allowing more or less oil to flow accordingly to warm up faster. But I don't think it does what your referring to. I'll let another shine in.

Plus I have a big cooler (which I need) which it cools so well along with being more oil it can't bring temps up to a certain level even with the thermostatic sandwhich plate in colder weather. Being that coolers cool so well it's not going to keep the temps at a perfect set degree even with the thermostatic sandwhich plate. Especially in colder climates. Lots of threads here on both of these issues. This is the best I can explain.

Last edited by SPOHN; 03-14-2011 at 06:40 PM.