Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #78 (permalink)
BLM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Silver M6 sport
BLM will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
I'd make the switch to a Jeep that could lap the Z around a track the way a mustang does.
I'd still love to SEE this with "guys like us". Pro drivers for sure, but have you ever been to a track day? Have you driven a car like the 5.0 around a track? People have trouble with it in a straight line. I'd LOVE to see some of these owners with it around a track. Unless they're experienced they will be oversteering into the infield and causing huge pile-ups. This paper racing is great but I'd just love to watch some of these owners of cars with such impressive specs drive them competitively and ATTEMPT to replicate the published lap times, acceleration specs, etc.

You drove an s2k...the same way you need to keep car above 5500 rpm to get anything out of it, you need to be very careful with something like the mustang. You can't just mash the throttle coming out of the turn. There's so much power and torque throughout the entire rpm range that you'll lose traction. Hell, you cant even mash the throttle in a straight line. It's all well and good quoting performance numbers of what a pro driver can do in your car, but who's the one ultimately driving it?

Last edited by BLM; 03-14-2011 at 01:45 PM.
BLM is offline   Reply With Quote