Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #51 (permalink)
GZ3
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z
GZ3 is just really niceGZ3 is just really niceGZ3 is just really niceGZ3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I agree that it is a driver's race, but if the 5.0 driver does his job there is no contest. But believe me it's very easy to spin through 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and on into 4th in a 5.0 on your way to a mid 13 second pass if you get overly aggressive with your launch.

Drag races between similar cars are almost always won in the first 60'. Take the GT-R vs. ZR-1 drag races. The Corvette is the faster car, but the GT-R can launch like a bat out of hell. The 'Vette catches up to the GT-R by the end of the 1/4 mile but it's just not enough.

Interestingly, much like the Z, the quickest 5.0s seem to be the automatics. There are a number of documented 12.4 second bone-stock passes at 114+ mph... That would walk away from a 370 with ease.
yes its definatly is easy to spin, when i first got to drive the the 5.0 i drove it like a Z and it just wasnt happening ...the 5.0 just has to much power to soon. Once i got the hang of it though its awesome...its easier to master than the Z. It feels like you really got to be on the ball with a Z to take advantage of it. This weekend I actually get to take it to the drag strip...my best in my Z is 12.82@109 w/drop ins/test pipes/y pipe...i live at the drag though...i know i can push that 5.0 better then my bro in law
GZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote