Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #46 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
No, it can happen. I've had some BAD runs where I just spun forever and a day and maybe ended up with a 13.40 @ 110-112. Yes, I would be closing in on a Z fast at the big end of the track, but the Z's are capable of very high 12s to low 13s stock in ideal conditions, so in a scenario like that the Z could win.

Not to mention if you are going from a dig you need to take reaction time into account. In heads up racing that is usually the deciding factor along with the 60' time.

Now, usually if I have a bad launch I will just kill the run right there. I can tell in the first 60' if I'm going to have a good or a bad run. I used to just coast until track officials yelled at me for taking too long to get down the track. So now I just leisurely complete the run... 14.xx at 90 mph or something.
I have seen your mustang driving around with Z's in front of it, so I know it can happen.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote