View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Push370zzz
Track Member

Drives: cars
Push370zzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post

Paper racing is so cool!
I've only said that the 135 is faster than the Z in a straight line, and handles well, so I'm excited to see how it compares on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM View Post
All these points are valid but we seem to be hyper-focused on straight line acceleration and butt dyno's. The Z is a pure sports car. It's light, short wheel-based, high revving, rwd platform is for sports car purists. It's kind of different from the 335 in many ways. For example, the new 5.0 mustang with the performance package has been shown to be nearly as fast as an e92 m3 around a track, but who here would want to own the mustang over the m3 if money were not an option? Don't get me wrong I LOVE a solid, powerful, torquey German car. They're comfortable, handle well, Easy on the eyes, etc. But if all you're after is daily driving fun and acceleration, you're better off with an American V8. Idk about the 135, but the 335 would need substantial weight reduction to keep up with the Z around a tight road course. Going around sweeping curves or S turns on public roads is not the same as racing. Many more factors come into play. For example, if you're "racing" a car on a mountain road in some twisty turns , you'll be limited by the race line you can take because the path of the car is only one lane. So both cars will seemingly go through the turn at the same speed, and the one with more torque will appear faster. Theres a huge difference on a track.

If I had the money I'd have an S5 dd and make my Z into a full on race car. But I definitely don't. Or just buy a GTR FTW!
I'm not just after DD fun, but that's important since I'm on the track like 5 or so times a year and driving on the streets about 330 days of the year...

I actually looked at a mustang, and I enjoyed driving it, but I hated the car. Like, when you're in there its fine...but when you're walking up to your car you're just like....ughhh