View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default Manual slipped out of 4th

I worked in the hospital overnight and drove the Z home this morning in 26F weather. I was noticing a strange, very slight chattering sound while driving about 35mph in 4th gear under partial throttle that disappeared with lifting off. Then during 3/4 throttle in 4th, the manual transmission popped into neutral. I shifted back into gear and the problem was gone.

WTF? It's never done this when its been cold before. Sure the shifts can be more viscous feeling and notchier...but slipping out of gear? I think not. And while I was tired from the all-nighter, I'm 99% sure I had it all the way into 4th.