View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
You have to drive for 20 or 30 miles to wear off the coating before following the bed in procedure.

The extra noise could be from the drilled rotors (which I don't recommend to anyone) or it could be from high spots on the pads if your old rotors weren't perfectly flat.

Ok, did the bedding in procedure, have about 100+ miles on them so far and still have the scrapping sound. If it's high spots on the pads, how long before they start to seat on the rotors?? Or should I just replace the pads? there is about 8300 miles on these ones, they are the stock pads.
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote