View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
Geez, every time anyone see's my car, the first question I am asked is if I am having a midlife crisis. I am middle-aged but have had sportcars since 1979. I have had 5 Rx7s before the 370Z and have had a sportscar continuosly all those years so this is not a new course for me. I start to tell them a mid-life crisis means a man turns 40, buys a red Porsche, ditches his wife, and runs off with a 25 year old blonde with big boobs. I must confess the Porsche would interest me but after being married twice, you keep the blonde. I want the car. Since the Porsche is out of my pay grade, I'll take the Z. As I begin to explain this, I ask myself, why do people think that (the whole mid-life crisis thing) and why am I defending what is not true? I have come to the conclusion that they are actually projecting their desire or dream on others. Anyone else run into this?
I'm 25, so I get the "spoiled rich kid" steriotype. However, I am the only person on my loan. No co-signer, and I did it all with my own $$. Secured the loan. Paid the downpayment. Etc. All on my own.

I remember when my Dad went to look at my car at the dealership. A guy was snapping pictures of it and asked "How much do they want for THIS one?" My Dad was sitting in it, and answered "It's not for sale, this one is my son's. It's just waiting for him to come pick it up."

The guy asked "How much did that cost him?" (I guess fishing for the "I bought it for my son" line).

My Dad's honest response was "I don't know, it's not my business."

So...

...screw what others have to say and go enjoy your car!

As an aside, what do you guys consider "Middle age"?
When I think middle-age, I think 35-45.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 03-11-2011 at 09:33 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote