Thread: Nismo Cat Back
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
ArtVandaleigh
Base Member

Drives: 09 PW 370Z
ArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I had the Nismo S-tune exhaust with both stock and Berk cats for about 10k miles. It's a well made piece, but overall I was disappointed with it. Sound wise it's just barely louder than stock, a tad deeper only when it warms up. I was mostly let down when I went to the Berk cats though, power improved a bit but the sound level was still far too quiet... I'd say the same type of sound level increase from stock to S-tune. I must say when I switched to the FI exhaust I had an immediate noticable power increase. When you sit the OEM and S-tune exhausts side by side, the S-tune is essentially just a polished version of stock, with "slightly" larger piping. Good for those who would want a shiny muffler and some bling, but no way worth the 1500+ they ask. Considering I ran almost every Nismo part for my old 350Z, the current 370Z line parts are a let down. The 350Z S-tune exhaust was far superior in performance/sound/cost IMO.
ArtVandaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote