View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #58 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Z1 View Post
I agree 100%. I just thought it was odd that one of the MANY pictures posted up by the many news agencies just happened to be other very cares we all love. When you consider all ther other images that could have been posted.
probably was the easiest one to find, all those new cars from nissan's nearby manufacturing plant basically destroyed.

i was actually terrified for a while when i saw the reports of a fire in a nuclear plant. i'm glad all of the safety mechanisms worked without a hitch and they're all off.

people are saying gas and running water aren't too affected, telephony and electricity are in and out. altogether, it shows japan was actually decently prepared for a heavy-hitting earthquake. compounded by the tsunami though...yeesh.

they reported 8.4 this morning, updated to 8.9...could easily by 9.0+ earthquake by the time we're done analyzing it. the aftershocks are going to be ridiculous. one of the professors at the university of ireland (i know, weird source, but i watch the bbc a lot) was saying aftershocks / tremors of magnitude 6-8.0 can be expected.

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote