View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Right there with you alvin. Although I was leaving a final and late for work. I merged on MoPac Loop 1 South and the cop was sitting up past a slight bend with just enough view of the on-ramp. Speed limit was 65 and, noting that both lanes were traveling closer to 70 or even 75 mph, I merged at 69 mph. I know that because the cop immediately pulled me over and gave me a ticket for 69 in a 65. I pointed out that paying more attention to merging AT SPEED, which despite being four whole mph over the speed limit, was safer to myself and those around me than not exceeding the speed limit. He wasn't having any of that "reasoning" nonsense.

Then again, I've been pulled over near Enfield @ Exposition for going 48 in a 30 and the cop gave me a very polite warning about lots of cops being in the neighborhood, a ticket for 40 in a 30 (along with expired insurance and registration - was home for spring break), took my friend's one-hitter without giving him a ticket, and wished us a good game of golf. Just goes to show not all cops are jerks.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote