View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #74 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Question update

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookZmonster View Post
I flew over to NJ a couple weekends ago and met the fellas. Speed and Big (or Mike and Matt respectively) were professional and gave me a quick tour of the shop and we got straight to it. We went over some design details, a couple of discussions about functionality and placement as well as some other exterior (minor) adjustments. I shared some of my wishes and wants with them and they made quick work of any concerns and questions

I'm happy to see that the guys not only know their stuff inside and out, they also are just as excited to DO the work as I am to HAVE IT DONE To me that is a good omen (well.. assuming I were a superstitious person).

About the YouTube Video:

I sent the car to California to gt motorsports (Sam) in Rancho Cucamongo to have ALL of the engine/transmission/traction control/exhaust done. I can run the car daily around 475-500 HP or I can change with a touch of a button to ~550 HP. So far the car and the work in California seems solid, although I have to say for the price I paid, the car should have been done much faster than the 8-9 months that it took (although there was a small diversion to another shop in that time frame). Sam is the head guy there at gt motorsports and he always had a reason why it wasn't done no matter how many times I called and tried to get the car finished up. The other problem is that the customer service there (ESPECIALLY for the cost) was really poor. Not only did the work take MUCH MUCH longer than I was quoted, but Sam provided NO PAPERWORK WHATSOEVER for the equipment like the turbo-boost controller, settings etc etc. On top of that he told me MANY times that I was going to get a boatload of data, dynos, settings, before and after photos, readings, videos, all kinds of things to make me comfortable with the build. I received exactly NONE of those things at all, as in NOTHING

As an owner of multiple businesses myself I am fully aware of what it takes to manage customers (including difficult ones), to handle shifting productions schedules etc etc. I just have to say that for the LARGE amount of money I paid to Sam at gt motorsports I expected SO MUCH more.

Sorry to go on about something not related to this forum really, just thought I would share a little about my experience so far.

Keep an eye out for updates from the fellas!
Any updates? Pictures of the install would be nice.................
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote