View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
tsolin01
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
tsolin01 will become famous soon enoughtsolin01 will become famous soon enough

Anyone getting a new car should definitely read everything in this thread. After buying a few new cars, I've grown to really hate the process. Most recently, I had helped my girlfriend buy a new 2011 Nissan Rogue and the first dealership we went to was pretty much your typical lets rip off the customer type deal.

First they had all these add-ons that they claimed were standard on all the cars on the dealership, some interior/exterior protection package, pin striping, tints and some other crap. The total for all this? around $3000. No thanks. Needless to say these guys wouldn't even come close to invoice when at least 2 other dealerships were willing to deal. Only reason we went to them first is because they were close by.

We did find a more straight up dealership that sold us the car at invoice. Best advice is to always check as many dealerships as you can and don't let the finance department sucker you into extended warranty's and other non essential items.