Thread: Painter's Tape
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaaasabi View Post
In my experience, the problem with doing it horizontally (even going from top to bottom with overlap ala Kenchan's method) is that if you encounter adverse weather (i.e. a storm or whatever), the tape will loosen up a bit and it'll catch more wind horizontally than vertically (since you're moving forward). Kenchan's method will prevent the tape from mostly flying off, but there will definitely be parts that will lift up/come off and fling about. When I switched to doing it vertically (experimented with starting from the middle, then from the sides), I didn't have a problem with any areas coming off, even in rain. Obviously, the downside to the vertical pattern is that it is more costly, in terms of both time and material.
we should just do the horizontal method, followed by another layer done in verticle method, then finished off in a X pattern method on top of that in a random orientation.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote