View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #171 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM View Post
A guy named Joe called us and wanted to order a turbo kit for his 370Z. The gentleman is in the armed forces and we could not ship via FedEx or UPS. For the first time we made an exception to our policy and made an arrangement to ship an $8000 turbo kit via the United States Postal Service.
I have two brother-in-laws in the USPS, and when I actually see them I always ask about the current horror stories regarding the USPS. I can assure you that the USPS could have caused some of the damage I saw in the photographs. If you look at the timeline it was the worst time to place an order to be shipped through USPS as it was Christmas/New Years holidays—the busiest time of the year with the most mail to handle. In one of my conversations with a brother-in-law he said that they were so deluged with packages that they were throwing and kicking packages across the floor into a large pile even if the package stated "Fragile" on the outside.

GTM made the mistake of going against their better judgment of using the USPS; the holidays are a bad time to send USPS, and to order custom goods such as a TT setup (people tend to have other things on their mind during these times); there are at least two stories to every side and truth resides somewhere in between.

Now, here's what do know: I salute Joe for serving our country as I come from staunch military family involved all the way, and including the Pentagon; I also respect the vendors making products for the 370Z as there are really so very few these days (even less making turbo setups).