View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #2554 (permalink)
Jon@AAMComp
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Jon@AAMComp will become famous soon enoughJon@AAMComp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotcabada View Post
I have a strong distaste for Alves, I commend RVP for not decking him and getting sent off immedately in the first half. I just hope after being close to hardware in the 4 competitions we don't come up empty in all 4. ManU will surely be struggling now with Nani out for a month..

What are you feelings about the Torres signing for the blues??
A little over priced. I don't want to diminish the quality of a striker like Torres, but £50 million for one player is a bit high, even by our standards. But he still has the quality, and the potential to be another great Blues striker, like Drogba. We paid Marseille just £24 million for Drogz back in 04 when he was around Torres' age, and what a signing that turned out to be. Skeptics are quickly writing off Torres given recent performances, but it will take time for him to assimilate to life at Chelsea. I hope he can stay fit and do great things next season. Who knows, maybe he'll help us to another league title next season; maybe even finally bag a Champions League title. If that happens, everyone will forget about the price we paid for him. I just don't want another Robinho(see Manchester City fail).

On the other hand, David Luiz (see avy) looks to be a great signing, as he's has jumped right into our backline and performed very well. We had been struggling defensively with all the injuries, but with Luiz at centre half pairing with John Terry, we should be much better.
Jon@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote