View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
to be fair, some of the "progress" we've experienced over the years has made our vehicles slower. All the computer hardware, the safety features that have added weight... It's a lot. In fact, it's why we have the hp wars we currently have. Got to move the whales faster.

Also, I know that the Z isn't your cup of tea, but on a daily basis, how much more do you need than 0-60 in 5 seconds and 332bhp? I know that you crave more, but not everyone does.
In my daily commute, 0-60 in 10 seconds works well enough in my G20.

Why would you need 5-seconds?

These cars are about WANT, not need. That is my point. The OP was comparing the Supra to the 370Z, and stating that the 370Z "won in every category". To me, 0-60 is a category, one of performance.

I agree the cars have gotten heavier, but the MKIV was heavier than the 370Z is. Also, all that technology and the lighter weight and the 370Z still isn't out handling or out braking the Supra. They handle and stop so close to each other that it's a wash in my opinion. Same for their 0-60's. Where the Supra stomps on the Z is after they get rolling.

Both are nice cars, and I would rather own a new 370Z than a used MKIV, but I'm just saying I disagreed with the OP's assessment.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote