View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #305 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceformer View Post
You're definitely right about the oil temp part. The sweet spot seems to be about 140 to 160 degrees on the oil temp gauge. I've noticed that when I make a run at any temp higher than that I'll get a slower time and trap speed. And call me crazy but I can feel it when the ECU cuts power at the top of 3rd gear on a run.

I don't usually powershift either (jnaut gives me sh*t about that all the time). But once in a while when I feel like I've cut an extremely good launch and shifted 2nd and 3rd gear well, I'll powershift 4th in hopes of making the run that much better.
I think you mean come up to see you (broward county).

I just never understood why all these tuners out there never ventured to understand what the ECU is doing and why sometimes it feels like the car is in all out rape mode, and sometimes it is total weaksauce..all in the same day. I'm not a slow shifter and am not scared to bang gears (although in my WRX I was completely terrified and still was able to get 12.7@106mph shifting that car like a grandma. That said, this car has much more than the wrx, I just can't push it out.lol)

I've done back to back pulls and have felt like I was driving a different car sometimes. I don't get it, but the night when i went 107mph the car just felt slow as hell.

This car confuses me and no one seems to want to figure out why

Last edited by gaveup; 03-09-2011 at 09:39 AM.
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote