View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #44 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM View Post
I know what it feels like to trust in a company and have them completely turn their back on you when sh!t goes wrong. Not that profession is an indicator of morality and ethics (see Bernie Madoff), but you have to remember that you're dealing with auto mechanics here who get to play with really cool expensive toys all day. Their business is booming and they have so many people on multiple boards licking their a$$es. As such, the inner drive for 100% quality control and ethical behavior inevitably diminishes. And worst case scenario (which is occurring right now), they try to screw one person out of an $8000 turbo kit, they have all their loyal followers coming ot their rescue, posting all of their positive experiences etc to make it appear that this could have in no way ever happened. Just ask Madoff's clients if they ever thought something was up.

As with all things, the truth is somewhere in the middle of what both sides are saying. But ask yourselves this, what could possibly be motivating destinyZ to needlessly slander a very popular vendor without cause? GTM has the FI market cornered right now for G37/370Z. The Greddy kit is crap. The GTM Stage 1 is an easier install and drastically outperforms the Stillen kit, so guess what? If you want FI, GTM has you by the balls. That is not excuse for what appears to have happened. And if it's true that the response to this was "sh!t happens" I would have been on the first plane to Texas to have that said to me face to face. But anyone with half of a brain can see that for whatever reason, this guy was shipped what looks to be a very used, beaten on, kit. How or why this happened is another matter. It's possible the higher ups at GTM were unaware of it. But that still doesn't change the "sh!t happens" response, if that's what was actually said.

exactly bro....

why would destiny and me start talking bad about a company that has the best kit on the market if it wasnt the truth.... but isnt it such a coincidence that the farthest place the gtm kit has arrived all of a sudden looks like its used and thus shipping was blamed.... because we are so far away from states we cant prove it.... if this happened in cali wooo everyone would be all over this saying screw gtm!!! blah blah blah but who would believe a couple of people from an island in the pacific.... no one will care... everyone will just go with the "it was shipping that damaged it" bends on pipes ill accept can be damaged from shipping black grime, metal shavings in the pipes.... thats a new one for me on damages caused by shipping....

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***