View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cheech
Premium Member

Drives: Frontier & Zed
Cheech is on a distinguished road

I guess I'm a minority here

Was looking for a 2010 Z for about 6 months, searching all the internet car databases that are out there. Finally found one down in the Seattle area with all the options and colour I was looking for.

The best prices I could get up here for a 2010 PG Touring, sport, nav 6MT was around $47K. Add your taxes on and you're out the door for $53K.

In the U.S. they were being offered at invoice pricing, approx $37,500, factor in duties and exchange and it came to about $44K. That's a significant savings.
Try this web site for calculating the import cost:
Import Car To Canada! Vehicle Import Price Calculator

The process to import was much easier than I thought, and would highly recommend it to anyone.

The dealerships in the lower mainland were just not interested in dealing (guess our economy is hurting as bad, I thought it was.... to some degree). I've purchased my last two nissan vehicles from one dealership, had worked on the computer systems and had a pretty good rapport with them, dealt directly with the owner, offered to bring in a brief case full of cash for the Z and they still wouldn't touch it.

Another dealership is trying to sell a used 40th with 10K Km's on it as "new", asking $47+ for it. Offered them $43 in October and they wouldn't accept. It's still on their lot!

The U.S. dealerships IMHO are a little hungrier and willing to deal. They even offered to drive the car to the border for me to inspect it.

As far as the DRL's issue, it is only a matter of re-programming the ECU. Cost me $56 at the dealership to get it done.

Good luck with the "Z" hunt.

Let us know how you make out.

Cheech
Cheech is offline   Reply With Quote