View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUR View Post
yep, the air filters of the STILLEN G3 are in the center of the nose - but I had two reasons for not putting the air ducts directly in front of them.

1. it would look very ugly imho to have the ducts so close together in the center
2. I dont want rain or debris directly on the filter

so I decided to install the ducts in the place they are intended for - even though you should achieve a good circulation/intake of cold air in this more or less capsuled area.

Because the air is pushed inside the area above the front support it should create kind of an ram air induct situation.

Chris
Trust me on this point. I sucked water into my 350 like this and killed the engine. I also had a tube connected to the back of the carbon duct routing air directly to the airbox. Unfortunately, water moved along the same path.
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote