View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #43 (permalink)
realneal370z
Base Member

Drives: 40th An Ed 370z
realneal370z is on a distinguished road

To be fair, people can go on about value for money and how the fujimura is 'just 2 pipes' but is it? It depends what you're after. I specifically only want to alter the sound and i'm not bothered about increasing perfomormance because that would alter my insurance massively for the worse.

I want more volume and depth and I think the washer mod is a bit 'pikey'. AAM S-line short tail acts as a muffler delete and by the sounds of the reviews on here it seems like it would be too loud and is in need of a slight muffling... and this leaves you into looking at the Fujimura. How is it different in complexity to any other axle-back?? Akrapovic do an axle-back (albeit titanium) but that is outrageously more expensive.
The fujimura looks absolutely class IMO - it's larger tailpipes and slanted angle and retains the stock image to a certain degree in my opinion blue burnt thin-cut tips look strange on a car like the Z.
In my mind if changing the axle-back part alters the sound and it's the sound you want is it not ok to pay $900 dollars for it as you just don't need a catback at $1400+?. There's no point spending more if you don't need more. Also importing an exhaust that weighs less and costs less incurs less tax, import duty and less in shipping so to anyone who lives on this side of the Pond it is massively cheaper!
The only problem is from vids it's very hard to see if it is the sound you want.

Last edited by realneal370z; 03-08-2011 at 03:00 PM.
realneal370z is offline   Reply With Quote