View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #44 (permalink)
BLM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Silver M6 sport
BLM will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I highly doubt that.

AMG, ///M, and P-car customers are not Nissan customers. Walk into a BMW or Porsche dealership and walk into a Nissan dealership. The difference is substantial.
I know. They usually can't drive and return the porsche's in 2 weeks because they're "too bumpy". Just because they have the money to afford more doesn't mean a thing. The one badge they all wear proudly is paying too much for their cars. Many purchase cars for status and to compensate for other areas of their lives that are lacking (often between their legs). The GT-R has a long heritage of racing and will stack up just fine against AMG, M, or porsche.

Re: dealerships, they are extremely different. They cater to money, not really enthusiasts. Even porsche. My father went looking for a GT3 and was asking the salesman technical questions regarding the suspension and he had NO CLUE wtf he was talking about. He was more concerned with what kind of coffee my dad wanted while he waited in the lobby. BMW is also notorious for this, at least where I'm from. Jersey is loaded with people and money. Every J-Wow wanna-be drives a white 3 series with a cigarette sticking out and thump music bellowing from the harmon kardon or whatever the heck system bmw uses in their "upgraded sound" package these days and every Situation-in-training is rocking an AMG or M3, automatic of cours. Part of being a true enthusiast is knowing how and where to spend your money. If money is not a factor, by all means bring on the stampede of prancing horses in bright fire engine red.

Last edited by BLM; 03-08-2011 at 08:29 AM.
BLM is offline   Reply With Quote