Thread: The "Boss"
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 04:04 AM   #107 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
and I love my Nissan.. hell, all three of them, but you said it exactly how I feel... Ford really out did themselves this time...
I'm just happy to see Ford building performance vehicles. Except for the Cobra, and Cobra R, and FGT, Ford has built crown vics with fancy sheet-metal and tiny back seats and called them mustangs for years.

In 2005 when I was working as a sales rep at a Ford dealer, I was ASTOUNDED that the new GT had 235/55/17 rubber all around. A whopping 300bhp. It was a complete pile of junk regarding performance. Build-quality was a huge step up, but in essence, it was a dog turd when it came to performing.

I think for 2011, all that has changed. The "regular" 5.0 is a pretty mean car, and the Boss takes it to another level.

I am hugely impressed with Ford's new direction. They haven't been competative since 1992 , excluding the more limited models (Cobra, FGT, etc.)

Maybe GM, Dodge, and Nissan will get scared and do a little better.

To be fair though, LS is a tight track, with a 300 meter straight being the longest. If you put the Boss up against the GT-R or the Z06 on a longer track, I think it would take the loss.

Either way, it's going to be a dead ringer for (or beat?) the base C6, and the 370Z isn't even in the running. The Challenger/Charger have mad power, but handling?Oink Oink. Same for the Camaro SS. It's no faster than the 1998 Camaro SS, for that matter.

If all you care about is owning a pretty nice car (I think the new mustangs, vette's, 370's are all nice. Not European nice, but nice.) that puts down the best performance in the near 40K range, Noone has a damn thing for Ford.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 03-08-2011 at 04:06 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote