View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #283 (permalink)
davidyan
Base Member

Drives: PG 370Z Sport 6MT
davidyan will become famous soon enough

I love the car and wouldn't want any other car on the market right now for the same price, but there are a few things I would fix. I've tried to be as comprehensive as possible.

1. There is no trunk privacy cover so everyone can see what is inside your trunk looking through the rear window. This is a feature that even much cheaper cars have and doesn't add much weight or additional cost to the car. The one on my 00 Celica GTS only weighs like 3lbs.

2. Only 90% of the side mirrors painted body color- can see some black plastic trim when looking from inside the car on the side. They should just paint the whole thing.

3. Armrest storage is too small.

4. Glovebox is too small to hold the manuals with the case.

5. Of the three dashboard circular monitors, the use of two of the three appears silly. One is for a digital clock and another is for the battery voltage. I would much rather not see the battery voltage and see the oil pressure and something else to go along with the oil temp.

6. The rearview mirror barely covers the span of the rear window.

7. Bluetooth phone connection should be standard and not optional.

8. All the painted silver parts of the interior and also the exterior door handle looks like it could fade over time which may show the black.

9. You cannot run the fan on recycled air without having the A/C turn on. If you turn on the recycle button, the AC turns on and if you turn off the AC, it automatically goes back to fresh mode. What if its not hot but something just smells outside?

10. The fuel gauge with the dotted lights instead of a gauge looks like a bad attempt to make the car look futuristic. In 5 - 6 years, it will look outdated. They should have used 1/8 inch lines. Also they should cover the fuel / coolant gauge with a clear plastic cover as is done with the tach and speedometer.

11. For those with 19 inch wheels, the average tire that fits as per tirerack.com is about $250 - $400 a piece which doesn't even include install/balance/shipping cost. Don't go crazy burning out, or you will spend $2000 a year on tires.

12. The front lip spoiler is easy to grind on the floor even if you haven't lowered the car. Fortunately its black plastic and is not painted.

13. There are too many bolts on the underside of the car to take off the plastic cover just to change your oil. I haven't done it yet, but looking at the photos others posted...

14. The clutch rides a little bit high and the pedal depresses very far down. During quick shifts, this will make it easier to scrape the gears due to the chance of not fully disengaging. Not a huge problem but just need to watch for in case your previous car had a "short clutch."

15. Some tranny noise in 1st gear when depressing clutch at low speeds. Normal but annoying and a bit more pronounced than other cars.

16. The rear fog lamp looks a little funny- big red square in the center of the rear bumper.

17. Seat sits a little low so sometimes getting out of the car
is a little stretch.

18. Blind spot - drivers side more problematic. Just turn your head more.

19. Seat makes clicking and on some others cars actually moves when turning hard. There are some DIY repairs for the clicking. Not sure about those whose seats actually slide during turns.

If I think of anything else, I'll add on later.
davidyan is offline   Reply With Quote