View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM View Post
If Nissan were to fit a v8 in the Z it would bump the price dramatically. I don't know where they'd get such a motor either. BMW has had highly tuned V8's for years. I'm sure the Nissan engineers could easily build a high revving v8 but it would take some time. And as sick as it would be, I doubt there's a way to put the GT-R motor in the Z. It would eliminate manual transmission as an option and would be nearly impossible to drive in stock trim with rwd. They'd need to add brembo/stop-tech brakes also to handle that power, which would also increase the price. A stage 1 GTM SC will put down nearly 400 whp for around $7500 installed, which would be around $40,000 total assuming a base sport model. You'll retain a tremendous amount of drivability and the linear powerband. I dont think there's much more nissan can do to make more than 350-360 bhp out of the box while maintaing the price range.
Two words: Direct Injection. There were some rumors going around that the Z was gonna go the DI route and said that bhp was around the 360 range. This is how the Gen coupe got its power bump, so it's not crazy to expect the same for the Z. I don't think Nissan would ever offer a SC with the Z. If they do choose to go the FI route it will most definitely by TT. I don't think they would ever go TT on the 370Z though, it would make it too easy to make it more powerful than the GT-R. Maybe when they introduce the next gen GT-R and it blows the current one away, they get let the Z have TT without having to worry about it potentially hurting GT-R sales.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote