View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@AAMComp View Post
Lol, yeah I remember that. Brown's Nissan I think; I'm sure Tony will chime in and let us know. Basically, a dealer's worst nightmare the following scenario; If they have a modified car in their repair facility one of the dealer employees ends up damaging a part that THEY can't replace(i.e., factory Nissan part they can grab off the shelf), they have to come out of pocket to replace the aftermarket part. And building a good relationship with the service writer/technician is a really good idea. One of our GT-R customers has a such a good relationship with his dealership, he avoided being 'blacklisted' when he was having trouble with his GR6 transmission. They repaired the problems he was having under warranty, even though his car is far from stock. Nissan have, and will blacklist GT-Rs VIN numbers nationwide if they feel the owner is in violation of 'engine safe' modifications.

Most dealers shy away from lowered cars, cars with body kits, titanium exhausts, etc. for this exact reason. It's much cheaper to replace a factory Nissan part than it is to replace a Powerhouse Amuse VESTITO kit on a show car. Some dealers are an exception, but most will exercise their right to refuse service to you. You should be ok with your basic intake, hfc, and exhaust, but just to be on the safe side, look over everything before you pull off the lot. If you can, keep an eye out for 'joy-riders' as well with your Z. Lots of 17-18 year old lot attendants or service apprenticeships looking to take advantage of the opportunity to drive a Z for the first time. I've no problem with that, just do it on one of the dealers cars, not mine.

Just my .02

-J
Thanks again for all the great info Jon! I'm gonna give it a few more days for some other Mid-A people to give any suggestions, if not then Nissan of Annapolis is the way to go. Will definitely stop by to check out the shop if I end up there.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote