View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
DDonovan
Base Member

Drives: 07 Honda S2000 AP2
DDonovan is on a distinguished road

For the Poker Run prizes I am going to base this on my projected numbers of 50 cars and 80 people:

Poker Run Prizes would be as follows:

Highest Hand ==> $500.00
Second High Hand ==> $350.00
Third High Hand ==> $150.00

* These will go up as attendance goes up.

There will also be silent auction items at the event. Tickets for the silent auction will be in $5.00, $10.00, and $25.00 increments. This means that the most you would pay for any one item would be $25.00. People purchase the tickets in the numeration that they wish. Items are placed on a table with a minimum bid in the amounts above. So less expensive items would be in a $5.00 category, and more expensive items would be in the $25.00 category and so on.

After a nice Banquet dinner we select the auction winners, select the Poker Hand winners, and the rest of the evening we have a bar and a Classic Rock Band. The Band is going to be very informal in that they are going to play and if you want to come up and sing or join in a jam session you can. If you wish to dance you can. If you just wish to sit and listen to the band, you can.

The Poker Run itself will take about 3.5 hours to complete depending on which group you decide to cruz with (scenic or the faster crowd). Rooms are available at a discounted rate. Event is setup so anyone from the Mainland can do it in one day and not have to spend the night.

Great people, great cause and great cars! Our sponsors will be putting on little events as we pull into the assortment of check spots which are still being drawn up.

If anyone knows of any businesses that would like to sponsor the event with either some auction items, freebies, or a cash donation please contact me. If you would like to make a cash donation either because you can't attend or you want to throw in a little extra, again please contact me and THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Hope to see you out there. Can't wait to see the assortment of cars. Stay tuned for a list of auction items and I will be putting up a Web Site to keep the sponsor information on.

As for deadlines:
- must confirm your attendance = 2 months in advance (Mid June).
- must have money in for tickets = 1 month before the event (Mid July).
- drop dead date = First week of August.

Remember that I am using the numbers to estimate prizes, inform sponsors so they know how many to expect if they are a checkpoint, to arrange a facility up at Mt Washington that accommodates all of us, and to estimate food costs. If we get out at least 60 people, the costs at Mt Washington are cut pretty much in half making more money available for the charity (Camp Shawnigan for disabled children).

Thanks again for all you early registrations. If you wish to go ahead and pay for your tickets contact me and we can setup a method of payment.

Dave Donovan
Poker Run 2011 Organizer

Last edited by DDonovan; 03-13-2011 at 10:06 PM.
DDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote