View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice

Will be ordering mine online on the 11th as I am going to be out of the country. Otherwise I would be in a line somewhere.

I have been a long time early adaptor of technology. Have had all of the iPhone versions Some on day one, some a few months later. Same thing with most of the iPods. I have an older jailbroken iPhone just to have an iPhone to work wherever I go just by plugging in a local SIM.

8 months ago I was probably the only one with an iPad at my company. Now all of the executives have them, as well as most of the sales executives and staff basically hundreds of them. The company will be porting its communications suite to the iPad 2 by april now that there is a front facing video camera.

The problem that my company has with the android platform is that there is no uniform hardware to build to (hence why we have our own tablet at the moment) the android tablet market will probably turn into the same thing that the phone market turned into. A half dozen companies making different hardware platform, all running different revs of Android software. Which makes application development interesting.

I predicted the Android malware and virus problem a long time ago. As much as I dislike the strict rules of the Apple App store I understand where they are coming from. Android is going to turn into the same user experience that Windows currently enjoys, Malware and Virus heaven...
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote