View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

To answer the OP's question. In the previous car (RX-8) I really regreted not getting the MT. The AT was better in traffic or when you just wanted to sit back. When you wanted to have some fun though, it felt like I was in an arcade game. Its just not the same and this will always be the downside to paddle shifters. You don't feel the gears and clutch when you shift. You can always make the car faster, but absolutely nothing can duplicate that feeling.

I'm not knocking the 370z AT at all. It's a lot easier to live with day to day. It's plenty reliable and shifts are quicker. Unless you've mastered the MT, the AT will be fasters. Just stomp and go.

This is a stupid thing to argue over if you really think about it. Both have flaws and both have rewards. It's like choosing which leg to stand on is better. The answer is their both good