View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
If he is such a perfectionist he should consider a few more items than just two buckets...

Don't wash in full sun.
Don't wash vertical panels with horizontal movements
Don't wipe down fully wet car, pool the water and blow dry instead.
Don't do wheels after the paint, wheels first, then paint.
Don't use that much products on his pad, the pad will lose its function.
Don't put your fingers in the pot of wax, I wouldn't risk contaminating such ridiculously expensive wax.

But that's just my opinion...

You can wash in direct sunlight as long as you don't let the water dry. Water spots are basically minerals in the water itself that dries up. A water filtration system could just about illiminate this. Considering how much he spends on just the wax, his water is probably filtered. Coupled with the wax already on the car, it shouldn't be a problem. The surface temperature & the type of car soap also plays a role in how long before water spots appear.

Panels don't have a grain.

Clean quality Microfiber on a "clean" surface isn't going to damage the paint.

I think separate bucket for wheels would be better (3rd bucket).

I think it also said that the body heat from your hands helps with the wax. Just wash your hands first.

Last edited by Cmike2780; 03-05-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote