View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jason370
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo
Jason370 is on a distinguished road
Default Any Advice Greatly Appreciated!!

In order for me to use my Nismo as a DD, it will be necessary to change the suspension. The local roads are simply shaking the car violently. I intend to keep the car for some years; this will not be possible unless the suspension is softened.
The limiting factor here is ride height. Unless I maintain this at or very near stock Nismo levels, there is no doubt that I will destroy the front lip given the nature of the roadways, driveways and speed bumps.
In searching the various forums for solutions, virtually all aftermarket springs will lower the car too excessively and cannot be considered. The RS-R springs mentioned in a previous thread seem like an alternative, but very little information is available.
Coilovers are a second option. However, the only set that fulfills the criteria of improving ride while maintaining ride height is the KW V1 @ $1200. I am told the other, less costly coilover sets, such as Tein's Basic, will not improve ride quality. Is this true? Anyone have an alternative suggestion?
Many Thanks,
Jason
Jason370 is offline   Reply With Quote