View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Isamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: every day...
Isamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberium View Post
Hey, I used to be up to date on all the latest and greatest computer gear like 5 years ago, but I really haven't been following what's the best processor and graphics card, etc.

I have an old Alienware computer and I'm about to buy a new one. Yes, Alienware is overpriced and yes, I could save money if I just built one from scratch, but it's much easier this way to just have them build it for me. And plus, it looks damn cool.

I'm looking to play the latest games and also I do music production and need alot of processing power. What are your opinions on this:

POWER SUPPLY: 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
PROCESSOR: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K (8MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 4.1GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
MEMORY: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz VIDEO CARD: Dual 2GB ATI Radeon™ HD 6950 - ATI CrossFireX™
HARD DRIVE: 2TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache

Anything you would recommend instead? Thanks in advance
That looks pretty good... see if you can upgrade to a vid card with GDDR5 maybe?
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote