Thread: No test drive.
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
zZSportZz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Blk on Blk 6MT
zZSportZz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to zZSportZz

The dealership I went to had a specific Z for test drives...which was the non-sport version. I asked to test drive the sport version (was interested about the mechanics of Syncrev) and was told I could not do it. Then I explained to the sales guy that A) I was probably not going to pay 35k for a car I could not test drive and test out the fancy new never-before-seen SyncRev 2) if I got the deal I wanted -there was a good chance I was walking out of there with a Z. I did my research, I knew invoice pricing for the car and all options as well as any rebates...I knew what I wanted to spend. There was no harm in throwing the guy a bone and telling him "hey, you treat me right, I'm probably going to buy this thing"

He was like..."Yes Sir, I totally understand, let me get the keys" and 5 mins later I was syncreving all over town. Being honest with your intentions really doesn't hurt if you've done your homework and know how munch the car is worth and set a limit as to what you will pay for it.
zZSportZz is offline   Reply With Quote