Thread: G37x Sedan?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
AZP Installs
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: '14 Touareg TDi
AZP Installs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AZP Installs

When I bought it it had bad motor mounts. So as we all are want to do, why replace with stock when there are "upgraded" ones out there. I put in UUC Poly motor and trans mounts. This made things better but it still had a vibration. Next was a crank pulley wobble, so we thought "well that must be it". So we replaced the crank pulley. Still vibing.

Next we figured that it must be the 58lb dual mass flywheel. So it was a 28lb LS7 (Vette) flywheel, clutch, slave cylinder that went in. The original flyhweel had 1/4" rotational and 1/8" play of the 2nd mass. That MUST be it!

Vibe is still there but better. Ok, let's take out the poly motor mounts. Took them out replaced with new OEM ones. Got better but still not perfect.

Finally as a last resort I said let's put an OEM trans mount in. Sure enough when that came out the poly between the 2 plates was squished so it was basically transmitting all the vibes right to the chassis. This is the bad thing when your car is a relatively rare car with a lot of the aftermarket items being only small batches. Quality Control is off so the parts aren't always 100%.

The car is smooth as silk now!

Mind you owning a shop, it takes months to make any changes to my own cars so it took almost 2 years from when we started working on the car to do all these fixes.

-mike