View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
that's on purpose. people drinking the Apple cool-aid feel almost obligated to get the newest hardware because Steve comes out and says "hey, you! you need this!!". tablet? i don't really have much use for one. i can see where business professionals could use it (i considered getting my CPA cousin one for christmas since i drew her name, till i found out how much they are). now, the Xoom tablet? maybe eventually, i wouldn't mind having one. i just don't see myself using it often. if i started doing more photography and had meetings with clients, it might be cool to have a tablet to look at photo's but i could just use my laptop for that right? to me, the tablet seems like the ultimate tool for people who are professional assistants to corporate big wigs that normally carry around a calculater clipboard to write on and have their blackberry within an arms length at all times. seems like it'd make their life more simple but that's about as far as it goes.
I don't know about you, but this would be great if you could easily tether this to an D-SLR.

It was never meant to replace a laptop anyways. That's why previous tablets failed so miserably. Tablet PC's were cumbersome to work with and the interface left little to be desired.

I don't bag on Apple products for the simple reason that they are usually designed well and work most of the time. Every electronics manufacturer has a new or revised product every year. The media rarely shines light or cares about it though unless it could rival an Apple product. Like it or not, we are all drinking the capitalist cool-aid one way or another. It could be a new iPad or a new camera perhaps

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote