View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal 370Z View Post
The iPad is great for social media and snippet reading, but as reader it falls drastically short of any reader that uses E ink. Having owned far too many Apple products for far too many years, I can say that I will wait for the next generation or the generation after that to purchase another iPad. I do like the Android driven tablets, and will likely purchase a second-generation Xoom or an equivalent from another brand.

For me, nothing replaces a higher-end laptop...yet.
Ya know, I didn't really expect to like it or buy into the hype, but I'm using this thing more than my MacBook Pro or Desktop PC combined. I had a Kindle and the e-ink is ok and great when reading outside, but I like having a color and backlit screen even more. It can also do soo much more than an e-reader. Don't get me wrong, it has its limitations. Its just so easy and quick to use for a lot of small task I do from day to day like e-mail or browse the web.

I don't know if an upgrades to the iPad 2 is enough to justify buying. My iPad 1st gen iPad still works great, so no upgrade for me. I'll wait till it breaks. I still have a 2nd gen iPod Touch that's still going strong. Why spend money when you don't have to.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote