View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray View Post
I know this is a one-off, but do you have any intent on measuring gains on a dyno?
I'll do it eventually. I'm designing more for Under the curve driveability than I am for a few HP at RPM's I rarely spend time at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john370z View Post
Modshack, Do you think there can be merrit to Takeda's claim of 20 hp because of the size of their inlet tube and mas air sensor tube? It seems larger than Stillen and others.
thanks
Hard to say. It looks like they squeeze the pipes at the MAf mount area, but to what internal diameter I don't know. Necking down the pipe and then expanding it again does improve velocity (like a venturi) and could provide some leaning and more power depending on the ID. The placement of the MAF inside the tube will have an effect also as air flow through a tube is faster in the center than it is toward the outside. I'd tend to doubt that 20hp number though..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 06-22-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote