View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Econ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Fiat?
Econ is a jewel in the roughEcon is a jewel in the roughEcon is a jewel in the roughEcon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholy View Post
any suggestions on how to get a lower price? im not the best with this and looking for any ideas to help... going to dealer tomorrow
just send the message that you dont NEED a car, you are looking at a few different cars (ie competitors), as well as a couple diff nissan dealerships... let them know however when you find the right price your taking it.

when you look at the car, nit pick it to death...my car was new and had a couple of little scratches here and there, that I made sure to be known to the dealer...

also remember that nissan only sells ~10k of these a year... the dealer knows these cars arent going anywhere for the most part and they want to sell them...especially '09's.

also, gas prices are going up with the egypt/libya conflict...so sport cars are REALLY not going to sell.

and the MOST important thing is that you know more than the dealer...don't let them try and "outsmart" you...99% of them are dirtbags and will tell you whatever you WANT to hear to get a sale.

And if they give you an attractive price...(for this car should be less than 24), tell them you walking if you see Bullsh*t fees. They'll give you a great price, and then charge you an internet fee, a looking at the car fee, a saturday fee..etc..

just be smart and dont rush... a lot of times if you make an offer and they refuse, just walk out and they will call you back.... i got a call the other day about a Z i looked at over a month ago, and they were willing to further lower the price.
Econ is offline   Reply With Quote